Search for a specific Treatment of Health Issue
Naturopathic Medicine is a blend of traditional natural healing practices and modern medical science. For example, Dr. SaltPaw combines western medicine with Native American traditional healing practices and Chinese medicine to create a unique style of healing which holds true to the core naturopathic practices. So when you see Dr. SaltPaw he will:
- First use methods intended to minimize the risk to the patient while causing the least harm.
- Identify and remove anything blocking your innate ability to heal yourself
- Identify and make recommendations that will address the underlying cause of the illness.
- Realize that often times healing doesn’t happen overnight and you may stumble, he will be a source of information, guidance, and encouragement along your journey.
- Customize your healing plan based on your specific mental, emotional, physical, spiritual, and social challenges.
- Assess risk to your disease and make the appropriate adjustments to prevent these risks.
Here are some of the naturopathic modalities that Dr. SaltPaw uses to help you:
- Botanical Medicine
- Clinical Nutrition
- Lifestyle Counseling
- Craniosacral Therapy
- Exercise Therapy
- Constitutional Hydrotherapy
- Attend a 4-year medical school similar to that of allopathic medical doctors and are trained to utilize diagnostic methods like physical exam, and laboratory and imaging studies.
- Study pharmacology.
- Are well versed in herb, nutrient, and drug interactions.
- Are trained in many modalities including botanical medicine, homeopathy, physical manipulation, nutrition, craniosacral therapy and hydrotherapy.
- Must complete a minimum of 1200 hours in a supervised clinic setting.
- Must pass board exams to be licensed.
A Chinese medicine technique that consists of gentle insertion of hair-thin disposable sterile needles at strategic body points to treat various conditions, stimulate the body’s healing response, and promote physical and emotional well-being. After the needles are inserted, Dr. SaltPaw may manipulate the needles manually or use electricity is placed across the needless with the use of a stimulation machine. You then lie relaxed on the table for about 30 - 45 minutes.
The World Health Organization (WHO) now recognizes more than 40 conditions as being treatable by acupuncture such as:
- Psychological conditions (anxiety, depression, insomnia)
- Neurological conditions (headache/migraine, neuropathy, facial palsy)
- Musculoskeletal conditions (pain, injuries, arthritis, fibromyalgia, sciatica)
- Respiratory conditions (sinusitis, allergies, asthma)
- Eyes, ears, nose, and mouth conditions (cataracts, toothaches, pharyngitis)
- Gastrointestinal conditions (irritable bowel, reflux, constipation, diarrhea)
- Gynecological conditions (infertility, menstrual issues and irregularities, menopause)
- Cardiovascular conditions (hypertension)
Another technique that involves applying suction to areas of the body in order to improve the flow of blood and qi. Bruises may result and last for days but this is generally accepted as a positive sign and that the treatment was helpful.
The benefits of cupping are:
- Pain Reduction
- Improved blood circulation
- Improved digestion
Involves burning the herb mugwort over areas of the body to improve blood flow. Dr. SaltPaw does not place the herb directly on the skin but instead uses methods that places heat just above the skin surface.
The benefits of moxa are:
- Improved energy
- Better Digestion
- Improves lood circulation
- Stimulates / balances the immune system
- Turns breech babies
This therapy makes use of rhythmic compression techniques along different areas of the body which relaxes the muscles and improves the flow of blood and qi. Dr. SaltPaw typically uses Tui Na in conjunction with other techniques but on occasion will do an extended 30 minute session.
The benefits of Tui Na are:
- Helps to reduce pain
- Stress reduction
Is an Instrument-assisted unidirectional press-stroking of a lubricated area of the body surface to intentionally create transitory therapeutic skin redness called ‘sha’ representing extravasation of blood below the skin.
The benefits of Gua Sha are:
- Pain reduction
- Improves mobility
- Improves the immune system
- Decreases inflammation
Healthy Weight Management
Transformations Ultra Lite Weight Loss Program
Dr. SaltPaw uses Ultra Lite. Below are some highlights of the program:
- Teaches you how to eat real foods in the proper portion sizes;
- Flexibility of food choice;
- Allows your body to use fat as an alternative source for energy;
- Protects your muscle mass (your calorie-burning engine);
- Curbs your food cravings and hunger by day four;
- Increases your energy;
- Helps you lose an average of two to five pounds each week;
- Identifies the root cause of weight issue and addresses them;
- Reduces your risk of illnesses, including heart disease, diabetes, and some cancers;
- Empowers you to maintain your new weight;
- Nutritionally sound;
- Includes a scale;
- Includes protein and vitamin packets;
- Provides a method of measuring when you are burning fat;
- Get encouragement and support along your journey;
- Free 300 question health assessment (WICO Score) that allows us to ascertain what underlying issues may make it difficult for you to lose weight.
How the program works?
Initial one on one meeting with Dr. SaltPaw to establish:
- Your weight loss goals;
- What challenges you may have in losing weight;
- Body Measurements;
- Body Mass Index;
- Fat Percentage;
You are given:
- The weight loss kit;
- WICO code to do 300 question online health questionnaire;
- To help manage cravings
- To help with underlying health issues
Weekly review sessions:(Includes four sessions after the initial)
- 30 minutes
- Get questions answered
- Retake body measurements
- Retake body mass index
- Retake fat percentage
- Auricular acupuncture for food cravings.
Blood Sugar Management
Diet: is key to achieving our goals. Dr. SaltPaw spends a lot of time teaching his patients how to implement one of the below diets.
- Low Carbohydrate
- MA-PI2 (Vegetarian / Vegan / Macrobiotic)
Exercise: Patients should contact their medical doctor to get a proper cardiovascular work-up before starting an exercise program. Dr. SaltPaw’s exercise program is tailor made for the individuals fitness level. He uses elements of the below in each exercise plan:
- High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
Sleep - Ghrelin, leptin, and cortisol are all hormones that are impacted by sleep and affect your blood sugar. So it is important to have good sleep to maintain a healthy blood sugar. Dr. SaltPaw will take into account the quality of your sleep and put you on a sleep program if you need help.
Stress Management - Work, relationship, family, financial issues cause us stress. A life that is full of stress and and worry makes us secrete more cortisol and epinephrine. Both are hormones that may increase our production of glucose and add to other problems that put us at more risk of developing blood sugar issues. Dr. SaltPaw works closely with his patients to help them manage their stress.
Detoxification - Toxins in our environment have been shown to cause blood sugar issues. Since we live in an increasingly toxic environment Dr SaltPaw will help you identify, eliminate, and prevent further exposure through regular detoxification. He uses, constitutional hydrotherapy, detoxification nutrients, juicing, and more.
Digestion - Diet, food sensitivities, the balance of gut bacteria, and damage to the gut all determine proper digestion and also may impact blood sugar. Dr. SaltPaw considers all these factors and works with his patients to manage any imbalances.
Supplements - Dr. SaltPaw uses only high quality vitamins and minerals, essential fatty oils, non-nutrient nutraceuticals, and botanical products to help with:
- Nutrient deficiencies.
- Managing glucose.
- Insulin resistance.
- Managing the appetite.
- Getting lipid levels to a healthy place.
- and more
Doctor SaltPaw offers Natural Supplements to help you with your journey on a path to better health.